Friday, March 20, 2009

OV's Goal and March Madness

What a great time of year it is! We have the NCAA tournament and hockey season is coming to an end which means the games are a little more intense.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Alex Ovechkin scored his 50th goal last night and it was followed by a little performance (Click here to watch the goal and celebration). Anyways, the celebration is making a huge stir on the message boards by all the hockey "purists". What a crock. Why does everyone have a problem with his celebrations? I've seen a ton of players celebrate in the same fashion that he does. Is it because he scores more than any other player so we have to see more celebrations? Or because he's Russian? I'm not saying what he did last night was ok, to me it was a little over the top. But, I do think it was more of a taunt directed to Don "OV is attention hungry" Cherry. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm guessing OV had a nice little sit down with the veterans (Kozlov, Federov, Clark), and Budreau to discuss this latest celebration and I'd be willing to bet we don't see anything like that again.

On to the NCAA tournament. There were some great games yesterday, but most were pretty predictable. I fill out these brackets every year and get whipped every year. I just can't seem to guess these games ever. However, yesterday I did quite well with my picks, only getting two wrong. Thats not bad for me. More importantly, the Terps had a nice little win, and they might have even found a blueprint for success against Memphis. Up until the last few minutes, Cal St Northridge was giving Memphis all they could handle. There one upset though(no I don't consider a 10 beating a 7 an upset) and several of the higher seeded teams gave other teams a run for their money. Unfortunately I missed the W. Kentucky-Illinois game. I definitely have a new sleeper even though they aren't much of a sleeper. Washington. They handled a team that a lot of people were picking to beat them.

I guess we'll have to wait till later today for the Cinderella to surface. Should be a great weekend of sports though. I'll post again Saturday. Have a goot one.

No comments:

Post a Comment